Friday, January 17, 2014

Rare Books ,Crawling Babies, and Dumb Dogs

As some of you know, Matt and I do a lot of buying and selling of kids books. We get them different places for cheap ( like .10). Well a favorite seller is Dr. Suess. We buy and sell A LOT of Dr.Suess. The other day I found a Dr.Suess book which I had never seen before. Before stashing it away with our collection I looked it up online. Turns out the book we bought for .25 is worth around $200! I love when that happens ( which is rare)!

I really love buying and selling kids books. I love kids books...and I like selling people something that is good and wholesome. We don't really make a lot doing this, but I enjoy it so much it is worth the minimal profit. And once in a while you come across something really awesome!

In other news, Felicity has learned to scale the step from the family room to the kitchen and she is very excited about that! It took Ben several days of trying to get up that step, but Felicity pretty much figured it out on the first try. Now she loves to go into the kitchen and "play". I will be happy when our new clean floor is down for her to crawl on.

Very happy about her new accomplishment
 
 
Currently our dog, Bernadette, is in the pool...I don't know how or why she does this..She has been running around in our yard for over two years and never fallen in the pool. Now she ends up in the pool EVERY DAY. It is so frustrating to have to go and pull her out. Bernadette is a "special" dog. She is just a bit weird and who knows why she ( I assume ) jumps into the pool. There is a squirrel that has been taunting her for the past two years. It walks across the electrical lline in our backyard everyday several times a day and laughs at the dogs as they bark away at it. It is one smart squirrel I think. So...I am starting to wonder if the squirrel doesn't lure Bernadette into the pool ...and "special" Bernadette falls for it EVERY time.  It is either that or are smart smaller dog, Kateri, is getting revenge on Bernadette by luring her into the pool and then taunting her. Seriously, she is out there run back and forth in front of Bernadette and looks exactly like she is teasing her.
 
 See, Bernadette is not only "special" but she is a bit of a tyrant. Poor little Kateri has to watch her back every moment. One second Bernadette is happily sitting and the next she is attacking Kateri. She attacks Kateri several times each day , I think to make Kateri stay close to the house, or at least it started that way. I think Bernadette feels she needs to protect Kateri from the big bad backyard which is threatened by people walking two blocks away and the terrible tight roping ( also tomato stealing) squirrel. No matter what her reason, poor Kateri is literally forced to stay on the back patio or hiding in a bush or along the fence.
 
That said, I don't think Bernadette gets it. She is a weird dog. When she is in the house she will climb into your lap..over and over again. She doesn't realize that she is WAY to big for that. She wants to be cuddled like a baby...its ridiculous. Moral of the story..don't baby dogs as puppies..it just makes them weird.
 
Well I have to go pull the mutt out of the pool (again) and then get ready to pick up Matt from work. It is a snowy day but hopefully the roads are cleared since I was out this morning.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment