Monday, January 6, 2014

It is COLD outside!

Brrr! It is cold outside and the temperature is still dropping! I feel like I am back in a Wyoming winter!  They say it is supposed to drop to 10 below today and it will feel like -40 degrees! I think we will be staying home today!That is COLD! I am very glad we replaced our furnace last year!

Speaking of replacing...over the weekend we replaced the bathroom floor downstairs. It was a project and took much longer than expected. We got the new wood down and this week we hope to lay down the new flooring in the bathroom, kitchen, and entry hall. We are planning to possibly paint the kitchen again since I have never really liked the color that we painted it originally. It  is a nice color but at night it looks rather dingy to me. It will  be nice to have fresh paint and a new floor! I will put up some pictures when we are done. I just hope it turns out nicely! I have so little patience for projects.

This bathroom project kicked us into gear to start really working on our house. We want to fix it up for sale ( God willing in the spring) as we first planned when we bought it. The market is really unstable right now and there is a good chance it will crash further. The house in our area do seem to sell reasonably well compared to other areas so it seems like the time is right.  We always planned to fix it up a bit and sell it, but having the two babies right in row made that a bit difficult. Now that they are getting older and less needy, it seems like a good chance to get to work! We found this house on the 9th day of our novena to St.Joseph  and bought it on his feast day, so we feel pretty confident he will take care of all the details when it comes to fixing and selling it!

Well the kids are getting fussy so I better go for now! Keep warm to all those who are in this artic vortex ( or whatever they call it)!











.

No comments:

Post a Comment